I’m big fan of Star Wars universe. Well, sometimes too big as some subconscious blockages proved me lately. Star Wars universe, The Force to be more specific and the Jedi and Sith are so universal metaphors for our own world that often when I speak about psychic energies or God/The Source, I’m using Star Wars terminology. Believe it or not, it works – because even in this world, we have the Light Side and the Dark Side of the Force.
Learn how to develop psychic abilities, from aura view to psychic readings, healing & telekinesis, with the ebook guide by A State of Mind author.
Psychic Development Simplified
Learn how to develop psychic abilities, from aura view to psychic readings, healing & telekinesis, with the ebook guide by A State of Mind author.Get Your Copy Today
And you, as explorer of esoteric arts and psychic practitioner, you need to choose between these two paths – the Light Side and the Dark Side. I hope Lucas Arts won’t sue me for this article, but the truth is, so far I haven’t figured out any better metaphor to put it. There are Sith and Jedi among us. Which one are you? And which one would you like to be? The problem is that often, people think they’re walking the light path, but in reality they’re on the dark side – why? Because books and courses told them they were doing the right stuff – and this was far away from the truth.
Two Paths, Two Sides of the Force
We can say that there are two paths to develop psychic abilities, the light path and the dark path.
- Light path is the path of self-improvement and spiritual growth. It’s based on meditation, removing subconscious and energy blockages, changing the way you perceive the world, becoming a better person each day.
- Dark path is the path of the ego. It’s based on practicing ego magick that focuses on your own needs that are met at expanse of others, practicing Left Hand magick and working with low vibration energies.
Unfortunately, often people decide to choose the dark path because they rarely understand the consequences of their choice. I will explain the consequences soon, for now let’s answer the question – why do people decide for the dark path, anyway?
The Difficult Simple Path
People choose the dark path because it’s “easier” and “faster”. I’m sure you’re familiar with courses like “7-days psychic training workshop” or “become psychic over the weekend“. Heck, even my Psychic Development Simplified is meant for at least 5 months of work :). That’s the biggest problem that exists these days in the field of esoteric arts – people don’t want difficult stuff, they want things that are easy, simple and fast – people lack patience, and this can lead to serious problems.
So they’re choosing simple and fast workshops and courses, or books that promise fast results. They’re choosing Chaos Magick, Left Hand practices, false teachers and courses, books that provide false informations and nothing else. Why? Because as I said, they want simple, easy and fast stuff, and the market responds – different authors and workshop hosts provide them with fast and simple training programs.
What are these programs based upon? Let’s take a fast look:
- Low vibration energies – let’s recall some headlines like “persuade that girl to love you” or “achieve that business deal” – do these look familiar? There’s nothing wrong in using magick or psychic abilities to attract love or business success, but there’s a difference between attracting love, and persuading specific person to love you. The difference lies in intention, you can either want to force someone to love you, or you can open yourself for love. You can either force someone to sign up the business deal, or you can open yourself for good business deal. In both cases, that first approach will always use low vibration energies, energies that are representing the magick of ego.
- Spirits work – Goetia is quite famous here, an art of summoning spirits for gaining knowledge or power. But other schools also exists, teaching how to summon spirits to achieve specific results, for example persuade someone to love you. Yet rarely books and courses mention that working with spirits is based on the universal law of exchange - you need to give something to the spirit in order to get something in return. Often, it’s your life force, your Chi.
- Guru - a lot of systems is based on the “wisdom and power of the Guru”. Such systems are teaching that in order to achieve something, one must meditate through Guru’s third eye, or through Guru in general, thus giving the Guru his or hers own life energy, creating Karma connection that will last for many generations to come.
These are three most popular elements of most “fast path” systems. I know this, because I was also practicing things like that in the past. How did it end up?
I walked the easy path once – and it’s not like I was walking the dark path. I mean, I was doing bad stuff because I thought it was right. I’ve learned things based on books that were constantly talking about positive energies, and positive fast results. And of course, I had fast and positive results. But no one ever mentioned that low vibration energies attract astral critters seeking pray.
I catch an attachment of some nasty astral being that decided to feed upon me. This resulted in lack of Chi, and this resulted in depression, sadness, constant headaches, illnesses and things like that. Stuff that worked for me stopped working, I was no longer able to perform many psychic abilities I used to be good at. And I was unaware of this attachment for over a year until my new teacher noticed the entity and removed it.
Books will speak of positive changes, but the reality is often much different from what the books and courses says. Low vibration energies, black magick, Left Hand practices, false spiritual paths can lead to attachments, and attachments aren’t pleasant – they can block your intuition, and make you unable to use any psychic abilities at all, even turn you towards psychic vampirism. And this truly sucks.
In result, the fast and easy path often brings very fast end and serious consequences. Sure, you can get effects very fast, but at what cost? Attachment? Psychic vampirism? Demonic possession? Depression, illness or even dead can also occur. The dark side, even if fast and often simple, just isn’t worth the effort.
What About The Light Path?
Turns out that the light path that is supposed to be difficult, in reality is much simpler, safer and faster. Sure, it requires you to face your problems instead of running from them, but after dealing with them and fixing stuff, you’re gaining wisdom and abilities that benefit everyone around you, not just you. You can shape your life as you want, you can be whoever you want, and you can do things you want. And of course, you can learn psychic abilities :).
The truth is, my own development’s performances speed up when I decided to change my approach and walk that “difficult” path that proved to me to be very easy. So why should I waste time on some weird magical practices when I can practice things that give me better results and I feel good about this?
But why people think that the path of inner growth and spiritual development is difficult? My opinion about this is simple – they’re misguided by books and courses that provide them with headlines like “don’t waste time on years of development, choose our weekend psychic development course” or “forget about spiritual growth that takes months, get effects within days”. But at what costs, hmm?
No, the light path isn’t difficult – it’s all about being patient and brave enough to try.
How To Walk The Light Side Of The Force
How to actually walk the light path of psychic development and inner growth? Here are few advices from me:
- Meditate – meditation brings your mind at peace and helps you expand your consciousness. Choose Zazen practice (a Zen meditation school) instead of Trance techniques that only makes you blind. 25 minutes of Zen meditation per day can change your life, I know this from experience. I used to have very chaotic mind full of random thoughts, but it took me less than 2 weeks of Zen meditation to calm down and put my mind at peace. I’m no longer controlled by chaos in my mind, the chaos is simple gone.
- Improve yourself - don’t run from your problems, instead always identify their sources and work towards dealing with them. Learn each day how to improve yourself, how to be a better person. Study Buddhism teachings, especially the knowledge of Zen school. Collect inspirational quotes, read inspirational and wise books.
- Be a better person – be kind to other people, be tolerant, be helpful. Make someone smile each day, do something good, help someone with his or hers work.
- Deal with your spiritual problems – this means that you should change the negative patterns from your life into positive patterns. Deal with negative memories and habits by using rebirthing, regresing, Core Images work or affirmations. Heal your intentions, heal your connection with the Source, trust your intuition.
- Study and practice energy work arts – take a Yoga class, or Tai Chi Chuan class. Take a Reiki workshop and become Reiki practitioner. Work with your chakras, do not be afraid of alternative medicine, don’t be afraid of using psychic advices regarding your energy body for your own advantage.
You might think that all the points above are related are very egoistic – you meditate, you improve yourself, you study Buddhism, you practice Reiki and so on. But the difference is within your intention.
Working With Intention
Intention is very important in both spiritual growth and psychic development. What is intention? Intention is your reasoning, an answer to question “why do you want this?” – intentions can be good or bad. If you want something for yourself, it might be good or bad. For example, if you want to learn Reiki to help others, it’s good intention. But if you want to learn Reiki only to touch young beautiful girls, then it’s bad, negative intention. Your intentions shape the energies you’re using, and of course – the results of your practice.
So you might ask, can you practice Chaos Magick with pure positive intentions? Well, of course you can! But the problem is – some practices are overloaded with negative energies. Black magick, Left Hand practices and Chaos Magick for hundreds of years were being used for negative purposes of ego magick, thus – they carry negative charge that can still attract astral critters and negative experiences into your life. Therefore, the risk remains.
But sometimes, it’s good to study the background of specific techniques – even Chaos Magick includes elements of meditation and Zen practice – and 60 years of negative misuse cannot change the energy behind positive technique.
Anyway, I advice to practice esoteric arts that were always filled with love and positive intentions.
When you do practice meditation for your own purposes, when you study the ancient wisdom for your own purposes, when you practice Reiki art for your own purposes, but you keep pure intentions in your hearth, like an intend for meditation to become a better person, for Reiki to help people etc., then you’re on the light path. Light path improves your connection with the Source, with the Force, and the Source can then guide you through your intuition:
- You can learn which practices will suit you, or which teachers can really teach you something. You will know which exercises should you try, which books should you read, which area of esoteric knowledge should you study and so on.
And the coolest part is – that if you decide to get rid of the chains of “fast” practices, your progress can be very, very fast – literally within few weeks you can notice a big different, and within few months you can become more psychic than some famous psychics in TV! :)
Which Path Do You Choose?
The choice is yours – you can either meditate, work with affirmations and become a better person each day, or you can choose the path of ego magick, thus suffer consequences. I decided to walk the light path – and even if sometimes problems I face are difficult, the techniques to deal with them are so simple that I just cannot say that this path is difficult in general. It’s more challenging, but it provides much better results.
If you like this article, please click Facebook “like” button, retweet the post, or vote for this article in StumbleUpon – thank you! You can find all the buttons below :).
Post published: April 8th, 2011