There are many paths, which lead to learning psychic abilities and becoming psychic. But really, why should you even care to unleash your psychic potential? Why should you become psychic, anyway? I can think of number of reasons anyone of you might have, but I think that most of you has been mislead by terminology. Honestly, psychic abilities should be learned by everyone – teachers, businessman, etc. – not just by people who want to give psychic readings.
Learn how to develop psychic abilities, from aura view to psychic readings, healing & telekinesis, with the ebook guide by A State of Mind author.
Psychic Development Simplified
Learn how to develop psychic abilities, from aura view to psychic readings, healing & telekinesis, with the ebook guide by A State of Mind author.Get Your Copy Today
You see, to become a psychic, doesn’t mean that you will master the skills like telepathy, or at least some form of clairvoyance that can be used for psychometry or psychic readings. To become a psychic means to unleash your psychic potential. And that psychic potential is much more than some fancy psychic abilities many people want to have these days.
Why I Wanted To Become Psychic
To give you a better perspective, let me share my own story with you. Below is reason why grandpa Nathaniel decided to walk the path of psychic development :).
If you have ever read my short bio, then you should already know that my own adventure with psychic abilities started about 6 years ago with a computer game. I wanted to become psychic because it was cool – yea, I know, it’s not some spiritual goal, right? But as you can see, some people start their adventure with psychic phenomena simple because it’s cool. Hey, on the other hand, if it wouldn’t be cool, no body would be really interested in this, don’t you think?
So yes, I started with computer game, so my searched led me to some websites like PsiPog.net, where I learned the basics 6 years ago. But my motivation was quite simple – I wanted to learn some fancy psychic abilities because they were cool and I wanted to feel special. And then my interested has shifted towards books and spirituality, then to magick, and then back to spirituality.
This approach lasted for about 4 years, when finally my interest in psychic abilities shifted again.
My today’s perspective is slightly different. I still perceive psychic abilities as cool and fancy, but I’m learning new things not because I want to be cool, but because I’ve learned that true psychic mind gives you more benefits than you can ever think of. All the benefits fall under one term, which I’m using, your psychic potential.
It’s hard to understand what your potential is without giving some examples first.
What Is Your Psychic Potential, Really?
Your psychic potential is the natural capability of your mind to be yourself. This is the most basic explanation of this term that I can think of. To help you understand the term better, let’s start with some examples:
- When you’re in times of trouble, you can listen to your intuition. Through your psychic intuition, you are receiving guidance “from the above”, from that greater power some people call God, and I call “The Source”.
- When someone is missing, you can use your psychic abilities to help local authorities locate the person. The same thing applies to missing objects or animals, or even treasures.
- When someone is in trouble, you can ask your own intuition to help you give the best advice to this person as possible, if this person is unable to unleash his or her own psychic potential.
- You can help unveil the mysteries of the past through fancy psychic ability like psychometry, an ability to acquire information from objects and places via psychic means.
These are few examples. Generally, your psychic potential is your capability to stay in touch with the Source (God, Universe, or whatever you believe in) and use this connection to help yourself, and help others; it’s capability to perceive the world as it really is and make it a better place for everyone.
Wouldn’t You Like To Help People? Or Yourself?
I’ve seen it many times – most young people say that they want to learn psychic abilities because they want to help people. But in reality, they just pretend they want to help others, they just want to be cool and help themselves. And to be honest, I see no problem with that. I started my journey because I wanted to help myself. It was a selfish decision. But it’s OK, because if you won’t harm others, then everything is all right.
Personally I believe that when a person start unleashing his or her psychic potential, he or she will decide to help people at some point, because as I’ve stated in my previous article, psychic development is connected with spiritual growth, and spiritual growth turns people’s selfish perception towards more… helpful to others, at least.
As you can see, if you’re going to help people one way or another because of your psychic development, then don’t worry – there’s nothing wrong about being selfish at first. Everyone must learn; everyone must grow up towards being helpful to other people. If you want to develop psychic abilities because you want to be cool; or because you want to be respected; because you’re tired of who you are right now, and you want something else; then go for it!
The only rule you need to keep in mind is simple - as long as you’re not harming others, it’s OK to be a little selfish. Your personal goals are the best motivator. And motivation is very important in case of psychic development.
Why should you unleash your psychic potential
Now that you know that it’s OK to be a little selfish at first, what should you really unleash your psychic potential? There’s one popular reason among people, and here it is:
- To learn some fancy psychic abilities - everyone would like to use telekinesis, telepathy or mind control, right? Some people, especially young people, would like to learn some fancy psychic skills, and they consider their ultimate goal. But what can you do with these fancy skills later, hmm? I’m afraid that just because you want to learn fancy skills, isn’t answering the question why do you want to do this.
Skills are just that – skills. They need to be used for some specific purpose. You do not learn math because you want to learn math. You learn math because you want to become an astronomer and math is very important in this job. Below are some reasons why people want to become psychics.
- To deal with para-archaeology – and perhaps search for hidden treasures. Para-archaeology is a field of science in which psychics are using their abilities to find archaeological sites, and explore the history of mankind. It’s very effective field of “psychic science”, and many archaeological sites have been discovered with the help of psychics. Perhaps you’re young Indiana Jones wannabe, or you’re an archaeologist – why not learning some psychometric abilities to help yourself or others in archaeological work? For me, it’s pretty fun.
- To hunt ghosts and do paranormal investigations – paranormal is a wide field of our existence, paranormal activity occurs all over the world all over time, and there are people who seek answers what is paranormal and why is it happening. There are many psychics who deal with paranormal investigations only, and it’s all right to use psychic abilities for such purpose.
- To heal people – psychic healing, biotherapy and energy healing is very popular these days. And it doesn’t have to be psychic healing at all, I know some acupuncturists who are using aura view to diagnose people. Who knows, maybe your favourite doctor is able to perceive auras? If you study medicine, it’s very good idea to learn aura view or become Reiki practitioner.
- To give psychic readings – not everyone is psychic and not everyone is able to tap into his or her intuition to ask “the above” for advices, that’s why many psychics are offering psychic readings. It’s a nice way to help people with their lives, and to make money in addition. Let me tell you something, as long as you give honest psychic advices, then don’t worry that you take money – it’s another way to make a living.
- To become psychic detective and help locating missing people – one of the most popular goals of psychics is helping to solve crimes or locate missing people. Psychic detectives can be found almost in every city and town these days, and their offers are often accepted by police departments and “classic” detectives.
- To teach psychic development to others – this is rarely the primary reason why people become psychic, but you can consider it as a side effect. Some people just love to teach others.
These are quite simple and ordinary reasons for people becoming psychics. But there are other things as well, things that aren’t being mentioned in books or articles often. Psychic abilities are meant to be used on a daily basis - how? Below are few examples.
- To keep your family happy and free of arguments – don’t you think it would be great to be able to sense if your kids have problems? Or even being able to identify the source of the problem psychically? And of course give best possible advices to your family members thanks to your intuition?
- To make good decisions all the time – we make decisions all the time, whether you’re a teacher, a businessman, a policeman, a driver – unleashed psychic potential can help you always make good decisions, so you won’t make bad business decision, so you will always find free parking lot, so you will always buy healthy food, so you will always cook a great dinner (yep, I call it “intuitive psychic cooking”).
- To make big money – if you can unleash your psychic potential, you can open something I call the “inspiration channel” which you can use to get inspiration for money making. How does it work? Basically, you ask the Universe to advise you how to make more money. And then, the Universe will point you to honest ways of making more money, perhaps by utilizing your hobby and Internet tools, or you might get inspiration for your own business, or you will get an idea for a book that you can self-publish later. Now this doesn’t sound very psychic, does it? But your psychic mind can help you in this area of your life, as well.
- To unleash your creativity – if you’re a writer or an artist of any sort, wouldn’t it be great have that fire of creativity burning all the time? With psychic mind, you can, because you won’t be pushed back by the society, and your psychic mind will be free to create new ideas.
- To enjoy your hobby and your passion – let’s say you’re passion is astronomy. How can your psychic potential help you here? For example, by giving you ideas to make more money for the equipment, or inspiration for your own astronomy business, so you can live your hobby 24/7. Or if you don’t want to turn your hobby into your job, your psychic mind that help you find other people who are interested in astronomy, and together you might create local astronomy club to embrace your hobby. Or, your mind can lead to you new asteroid discovery and become famous in your local community, as a result.
- To embrace your job – as a teacher, you might notice psychically that one of your students got problems. As fireman, you might sense where people are trapped in a burning building. As policeman, you might use that “gut feeling” to solve crimes. As a doctor, you might use aura view to improve your diagnosis. As a nurse, you might use Reiki to get rid of your patient’s pain. No matter what you do – unleashing your psychic potential can embrace and improve your work.
Your psychic intuition, psychic abilities, creativity, spiritual growth – all these things create something I call your psychic potential, potential of becoming a better person each day according to your own goals and expectations, a potential of living your life as you want it, a potential of living a successful life. They can be used by everyone – a nurse, doctor, fireman, policeman, negotiator, businessman, teacher.
Generally, everyone should unleash his or her psychic potential, this is a great step towards wellness – living your life that is purely awesome! Because with psychic potential unleashed, you can see what generates problems in your life, so you can then deal with these problems. You can find enjoyment in your old hobby and find pleasure in each and every day. You can earn respect in every job, and you can improve you relationships. For this, and for many, many other reasons, you should unleash your psychic potential!
So if you think that psychic abilities are just for people who want to give psychic readings, please – think again :).
If you like this article, please stumble it on StumbleUpon, and press the “like” button to share it on Facebook – thank you!
Why are you developing your psychic abilities? And are you focusing only on psychic skills, or are you embracing your entire psychic potential?
Post published: March 11th, 2011