Psychic development is like writing a novel – there are many chapters, and many things to consider, and believe me, I know what I’m talking about. I’m writing a novel myself, and it’s a difficult thing to do – I work on it for last three years and I have no idea if I’m going to finish it :).
Beginning The Writing Process
When I started my novel, I had the basic idea in my head – the goal, the way it’s going to end, and what it’s going to be about. Then I begun to draw characters and the entire world, then I begun working on the first chapter. The more chapters I had, the more characters, places and events I needed to design.
When I started learning psychic skills, I had the goal, and I know what I want to achieve. But the techniques, methods and paths to walk by, I’ve learned during the training process in many years. Things doesn’t happen overnight, they need time.
What Writing A Novel Can Teach You About Psychic Abilities
Thank goodness my psychic development isn’t as slow as my novel progress. But yes, I see many things that are part of the novel workshop, that can be seen in case of psychic development.
- Many chapters – there are many chapters to consider. Just like there is a lot of writing when it comes to a novel, and that each chapter is different, there is a lot of work when it comes to learning psychic abilities, and there will be many different episodes, new approaches, new situations and events.
- Many things to consider – there’s a lot of things to consider in a novel, the characters, the events, the time frame, correlations between stuff. Same thing happens in case of learning psychic abilities, you need to consider training schedule, abilities to learn at first, stuff that you can use in your development like crystals or pendulums etc.
- Many characters – and each character need to be closely defined with as many details as possible, from color of his hairs, to character flaws. In psychic development training, you need to closely define all your steps, each exercise must be carefully prepared.
- It takes time to complete – writing a novel isn’t something that will happen over single night. It might take many years, just like learning psychic abilities. But in both cases, you need to remember – the sooner you will start your work, the faster you will finish it.
- You need source files – when writing a novel, it’s great idea to read other novels, to get inspirations and to improve your writer’s workshop. When it comes to learning psychic abilities, it’s good to learn many books about psychic phenomena to improve your training process.
- Sometimes you must start all over again – and finally remember, sometimes everything fails to look nice, and you need to start all over again, step by step. Never give up, if you want your work to be completed.
Keep these things in mind, and you will understand the small things like simple exercises, meditation and entire cliffhangers that will throw you to completely new highway to mastering psychic abilities.
Don't forget to follow A State of Mind on Twitter and get new posts via RSS or via email.