Developing psychic abilities is fairly easy as long as you’re patient and you don’t expect learning new skills overnight. It’s all about energy work and daily practise, but let’s face the truth – staying motivated when you can’t see real results isn’t an easy task. To help you out, here as 6 simple ways to stay motivated when developing psychic abilities.
A little going back in time for good start: do you remember that you can stay motivated with the help of psipunk, or by making your own psychic notebook? Psionics is not just about mind skills, it’s often about very physical things. Because we are physical beings, we need physical objects to stay focused on our task no matter if it’s related to psychic development or doing some shopping. But physical objects such as notebooks, passion boards or whole archives of knowledge can be expanded further with the following ways.
6 ways to stay motivated when developing psychic abilities
- Keep a journal – psychicic journal might contain your whole knowledge (like a grimoire), or it can keep only simple daily notes. Keep a journal of your psychic development, within it, include exercises you performed during specific day, results of these exercises, your supernatural experiences, people you talked with, new things you have learned etc. With time such notebook might become very useful source of information for future research. Either keep a paper notebook, or a digital one. From my own experience I can tell you that blogs won’t work here – make your psonic journal private.
- Read more books – the more books you read, the more knowledge you have, and more understanding you have over everything occult. When developing psychic abilities, don’t hesitate to read books about general paranormal, occult science, magic, or scientific books. Even paranormal fiction can be read if you want. Our A State of Mind Store provides you with interesting books for your personal library. Books do not just expand your knowledge, but they also provides you with information you can use to expand your training techniques and explore different possibilities.
- Have someone to talk with – when you discuss what you do with someone, it makes you focused on things you do. I often talk about psychic development with my girlfriend, it helps me narrow my area of interest and focus on constant psychic development. She also helps me understand specific things, she points me to my flaws in logic. Thanks to person you can talk with, you can keep your focus and you can keep walking the right path of psychic development. Find someone you like and trust.
- Have someone to practise with – there’s no better way to keep training schedule than having someone to practise with, even if you practise two different things – like for example you practise advanced energy manipulation, and your training partner is just learning how to stimulate his thumb :). Perhaps the person you talk with about psychic abilities would like to learn something himself. If not, just look around, it’s not that difficult to find a person interested in psychic development these days.
- Keep your goals in mind – my goal is to create the European Parapsychology Library, for this I’m collecting books and documents of different sort related to parapsychology and the occult. Because I also threat psychics as great adventure, I see librarian not just a person with tons of knowledge, but also a person with psychic skills on its own. It’s more complex than that, but the point remains the same – keep your goal in mind and it will motivate you to keep practising day by day. What is your goal? Maybe you want to impress your friends, or maybe you want to learn how to communicate with animals. As long as you have a goal, you can motivate yourself to reach it!
- Read A State of Mind – last tip is a little personal. Don’t forget to read A State of Mind, here you can learn about psychics and occult, psychics subculture, different aspects of psychics, theory of psychics, and finally, here is where I often publish tips for your own development.
Do you have any tips to share? Post them in comments, please.
Don't forget to follow A State of Mind on Twitter and get new posts via RSS or via email.